Six Guidelines on Finding Maternity Dresses for Special Occasions
There is a maternity dress that is great to wear for every occasion. Don’t let your baby bump get in the way of looking stylish on your next part. Instead, flaunt it! Below are some interesting looks you can try out and experiment with for your formal gatherings while sporting a life-giving bump:
- If it’s an office event that you need a rocking outfit for, you can keep things professional, stylish, and comfy in a classy wrap dress. A lightweight wrap dress gives a sophisticated shape to the body, while making it easy to move around. More than its obvious styling benefits, a wrap dress is also always office-friendly. Paired with low-heeled shoes and a nice clutch, this will make you look phenomenal for any office event.
- When picking out a baby shower outfit, it is often a matter of striking balance between comfortable and casual, while being the center of attention. A safe option would be a nice print skirt matched with a bright tank, which will make it easy for you to mingle and move around.
- When heading out for an evening party, go for a short shift dress and rock it with some interesting details like some embroidery or lace. Flowy shift dresses accommodate growing bellies well, and they make awesome post-baby party dresses.
- Wedding invites are difficult to turn down. If there’s a wedding coming up, you can never go wrong with a maxi-dress in a lightweight, soft-shade fabric.
- Red carpet galas are also hard to resist. Whether you have a full-grown bump or just starting to show, a floor-sweeping long dress is a nice piece to flaunt. This type of dress is extremely slimming and great for keeping your silhouette long and lean.
- For a semi-formal affair, dress down with an off-the-shoulder maxi dress. Wildly popular among carrying women, this allows you to show some skin while keeping your bump free from uncomfortable fabrics that hug the belly.