The changing curves of a pregnant body can be challenging to dress, but not at all impossible. In fact, maternity fashion is an exciting facet of the fashion industry, allowing moms-to-be to look their best throughout their baby-carrying journey. Maternity clothes are designed with comfort and style in mind, making them ideal for an expecting mom’s changing body. Baby showers are a great tie to celebrate your milestone with friends and loved ones. Choosing an outfit for your baby shower shouldn’t be difficult if you know what to expect of the occasion (i.e. party themes and activities). With your baby shower coming up, here are looks you can take inspiration from to look best during the celebration:
- The backyard barbeque – When you are the guest of honor in a backyard barbeque baby shower, embrace the opportunity to dress chic in a comfy and relaxed get-up. In casual environments like this, it would be best to wear loose-fitting drop waist dresses with or without ruffles for a light and casual mood.
- The ladies’ luncheon – For a more dressed up occasion, up your style by choosing a slightly more formal dress style, without compromising comfort. Dresses that are loose in the waist area are perfect for keeping the tummy comfortable and unrestricted.
- The country club brunch – When getting together with a bunch of friends for a country club brunch, expect a stricter dress code. Err on the side of a dressier look and choose more made-up styles like floor-length maxis or jumpsuits.
- The after-office hoopla – For a shower with your office pals, keeping it simple with your typical maternity office garb will do the trick. Look best in your chic wide-legged long pants, flowy tank, and trench, paired with your favorite wedge shoes.
- The casual dinner – Casual dinner parties call for more relaxed outfits. An easy outfit to throw would be your favorite kimono over a maxi dress or a tank and maternity jeans combo, paired with some strapped heels or flats.